Over twenty years of elastomer formulation experience ensures that each product from Prabhat will be of the highest quality for any application. Prabhat’s compounding capabilities extend through natural rubber and into all of the synthetic elastomers; including SBR, Nitrile, Neoprene, EPDM, BUNA-N, Silicone, Butyl, Halo butyl, VITON®, and Hypalon®. Our existing compounds have been examined and approved by a variety of standard and Certifications/Listings including: UL, CE, NSF, MPA-NRW, and many others.
Development of all rubber compounds is carried out in house by a highly trained set of polymer engineers. This team can develop any elastomer compound needed for any application.
Rubber Compounds are made using a highly effective balance of manpower, materials, and machines resulting in highly efficient processes. Custom designed mixing machines and a computer controlled compounding system augment the process.
Some Examples of our Advanced Elastomer Selections:
- NSF 61 approval for a variety of rubber compounds
- Special grade Nitrile rubber compound rated up to negative 55°C
- Halo butyl rubber formulation with a very low 8% compression set
- SBR and EPDM based compounds for bonding with multiple steel varieties (i.e. very hard to brittle steels)
- Proprietary In-Lube compounds, eliminate the need for external rubber lubricants on installation
- Ecofriendly Rubber Compounds
- Developed special rubber adhesive for bonding rubber to Vitrified Clay Pipe
- Lead free bonding agent, Nitrosamine free chemicals are used in rubber compounds
- Developed very high compressive resistant rubber compounds for static and dynamic applications
Prabhat’s quality control policies ensure that each product is to specification and that the product will perform as intended. This is accomplished by a system of tests and product monitoring from manufacturing to customer feedback. Prabhat is one of the few manufacturers performing a full MDOD test to monitor the microbiological activity in its rubber compounds. In addition, Prabhat uses the Stress/Relaxation Meter to simulate product behavior over time to accurately predict product life spans.